Terms & Conditions
In this section
Holiday Home Hire
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF £200.00 PER WEEK OR THE FULL COST FOR SHORT BREAKS IS REQUIRED AS CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING. The balance is due on arrival.
Bookings are normally taken from Saturday to Saturday during the peak holiday season. Short breaks (minimum 3 nights) are available during off peak season and/or subject to availability. All accommodation is offered subject to being un-let at the time your booking deposit is received. Your deposit will be returned to you should we be unable to accommodate you. If due to unforeseen circumstances, any accommodation has to be withdrawn, every effort will be made to replace it with accommodation of a similar standard.
- Please ensure accommodation is left clean and tidy. Damages or breakages must be reported immediately. The proprietors reserve the right to inspect the accommodation before departure.
- HOLIDAY HOMES MUST BE VACATED BY 9am ON THE DAY OF DEPARTURE.
- Keys must always be returned to the reception on departure, and not left in the caravan. (Keys should be posted through the letter box on the door, if the reception is closed).
- Accommodation is available from 4pm on the day of arrival.
- Maximum of 6 persons per holiday home, same sex parties limited to maximum of 4 persons.
LATE ARRIVAL: Please advise if arrival is expected to be after 5pm.
The electricity supply to each holiday home is 16 amps. Please note: Electrical appliances such as hair driers, irons etc., may overload the system and cut off the power. Electricity and gas usage are included in the prices.
Linen Requirements: Please could all customers bring their own DUVETS AND PILLOWS, also LINEN. Guests should bring their own bed linen. SLEEPING BAGS ARE NOT PERMITTED. Our linen hire service is unavailable this year, 2021.
DOGS: Dogs are only allowed in specified pet-friendly holiday homes. Dogs must be pre booked – charged at £15 per dog per visit in our holiday homes. Must be kept on a short lead, exercised off the Park, are not permitted to roam on the surrounding farm land and must be cleaned up after. A sleeping blanket must be brought for all pets. Pets are not allowed onto seating or beds and must never be left alone in holiday homes. Only house trained dogs are accepted in the holiday homes, no puppies.
SAME SEX PARTIES: Are limited to 4 persons per holiday home.
Inclusive Charges: The holiday home hire charge (unless otherwise stated) includes accommodation, gas and electricity expenses and VAT.
Liability: While every effort is made to keep the furnishings exactly as described, we cannot be held liable if, due to breakage and wear and tear, articles are absent for repair or replacements are not exactly as described. Nor can we accept any responsibility for non-function of facilities, any theft, damage or injury, howsoever caused and all persons, cars and vehicles of all descriptions and their contents enter the grounds at the owners’ risk.
Touring Caravans, Motor homes & Tents
Advance bookings are advised for Easter, Spring Bank Holiday and July/August. Advance bookings must be accompanied by a £20 booking deposit. All single night stay bookings are required to be paid in full at time of booking. Provisional bookings will be considered lapsed if not confirmed within 7 days.
Please book your party in at the reception as soon as you arrive. Balance of park fees is due on arrival. If you arrive after the office has closed please check in before 10am the following morning.
Pitches are available from 12 noon on date of arrival and must be vacated by 12 noon on date of departure. All pitches are allocated by the management and should not be occupied before checking in to reception.
All dogs must be kept on a lead whilst on the Park at all times.
Noise, should not disturb others and be kept to a minimum 10pm – 7am. Three complaints in the morning to reception directed at the same persons/group, the management reserve the right to terminate the booking/stay. No refunds shall be issued.
Cancellation: You may cancel your booking at any time but we shall only be liable to refund you the following of the deposit/holidays price, including extras:
- Cancellation more than two months before first day of booking – 100%
- Cancellation between two weeks and two months before first day of booking – 50%
- Cancellation two weeks or less before first day of booking – 0%
WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO TAKE OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE AGAINST ANY UNFORSEEN CANCELLATION.
Loch Ken Holiday Park Rules and Regulations
These are the rules to ensure the enjoyment and safety of all our visitors.
- DOGS must be kept on a short lead at all times whilst on the park. Ensure deposits are picked up and placed in the bins provided. Dogs are NOT allowed in the reception/shop area.
- NOISE should not disturb others and should be kept to a minimum between 10pm and 7am. Three complaints in the morning directed at a same person/group and the management is allowed to terminate the booking/stay. No refunds shall be given.
- LITTER and RECYCLING must be put in the bins provided and remind children to do so.
- CHEMICAL TOLIETS and WASTE WATER must be emptied in the disposal points at the toilet block. Sinks in outside areas are provided for washing dishes.
- ADDITIONAL EXTRAS are listed on the tariff. These must be declared and paid for before putting them on your pitch. Inspections will be made.
- DEPARTURE TIMES; All touring, motor home and tent pitches are to be vacated by noon. If you wish to stay longer please let us know by midday.
- ACCIDENTS must be reported to reception and documented in the park accident book.
- FIRES are not permitted. Barbeques are allowed but must be kept off the ground.
- A SPEED limit of 5mph applies throughout the park.
- LIABILITY; The proprietors will not accept liability for the person or property of anyone using the park.
- SUB- LETTING is not permitted either in the privately owned Holiday homes, Hire Holiday homes or in the touring area.
- WATER DRAIN DOWN; It is the duty and responsibility of every owner to ensure that the water is drained down and turned off at the tap under the caravan when closing up the caravan at the end of the season. If required our plumbing service is available for this at a nominal charge
- RESIDENCY: The caravan and Park address is to be used as a holiday home only – never as a permanent address.
- INSURANCE: Your caravan is required to be adequately insured against loss or damage to at least the current value of the caravan.
- All FIREARMS, guns, pistols, catapults or any similar weapon are strictly forbidden.
- SPORTS AND GAMES must be confined to the play area and not in between tents and caravans. Consideration must be given to others.
- SUPERVISION of CHILDREN; Parents will be responsible for their children’s actions. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when in or by the water.
- THE MANAGEMENT reserves the right to refuse a reservation or to terminate a booking of a person whose conduct is detrimental to the well-being or comfort of other park visitors. No refunds shall be given. Whilst every effort is made to provide the accommodation and facilities as advertised, we regret that we are unable to accept any liability for the lack of any facility due to technical breakdown or circumstances beyond our control.
The location is amazing with the touring site overlooking the banks of Loch Ken. The staff are friendly & could not be more helpful. A totally relaxing place to visit.28th Nov 2016
Stayed here for a week two adults & two kids, absolutely loved it. Beautiful location right on the shores of Loch Ken with fantastic views. The tent pitches were massive & the site was kept very clean and tidy28th Nov 2016
Great stay in our motor home, friendly staff, modern, clean facilities, plenty to do on site, play parks, fishing, boat hire, and a well stocked shop. An ideal base for touring the Galloway Forrest Park. We'll definitely return!28th Nov 2016
First stop on our motor home trip around Scotland and it set the standard for the rest of our camp site visits. A beautifully laid out site, quality amenities and great hosts, with a Loch-side position, it can't get much better!30th Jan 2017
Graham, Amy, Tom & Archie
The staff, location and showers are all fantastic. The Park is perfect. Just the break we needed.30th Jan 2017
Mr & Mrs Heptinstall
Beautiful Holiday Park. Pike 7, holiday home is lovely. My husband and I had a brilliant time and didn’t want to leave.30th Jan 2017
Mr & Mrs Craig.
The park is fantastic and the staff is a credit to you, all very helpful. We shall come back again.30th Jan 2017
Jennifer & Iain MacIver
‘A little piece of heaven’30th Jan 2017